The surprises from LEGO keep coming this week with the latest reveal of the Ducati Panigale V4 R coming on June 1. This is the first in the license with Ducati but future sets are a possibility. Read more about this impressive looking set in the both the press release and the product details below. Keep scrolling…
[Billund, Denmark 17th April 2020] Today, the LEGO Group revealed its latest LEGO® Technic™ model; the Ducati Panigale V4 R, boasting the style, sophistication and performance of the ultimate superbike.
The new model is a spectacular replica of the iconic Italian motorcycle, combining LEGO® Technic™ and Ducati design DNA to recreate the curves and aerodynamic form of the two-wheeled wonder. Just like the visionary motorbike does in real life, the LEGO version transports LEGO builders to new heights as they easily act out the tight turns and fast straights that the bike can easily navigate thanks to its powerful engine.
Those that have ever imagined riding this iconic Italian-engineered motorcycle, will love building this LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R set. Builders can discover how the innovative 2-speed gearbox activates the V4-cylinder engine and marvel at the futuristic rear and front suspension before taking the model out for a spin of their own once complete. The model’s unique kickstand means that builders can park the superbike model up and proudly put it on display it once it has been put through its paces.
The LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R is the first motorcycle model in LEGO® Technic™ history to include a gearbox that allows builders to navigate through different speeds. Other awesome features include realistic steering, suspension to help with high-octane action and front and rear disc brakes. An exhaust pipe, a windshield and a dashboard are also some of the small details that make this replica model so true to the full-size version. And of course, the classic red colour is sure to accelerate the pulse of any Ducati fan.
“The Ducati Panigale V4 R is such an elegant Italian icon and a true technological masterpiece.” commented Aurélien Rouffiange, Senior Designer at LEGO® Technic™. “It was essential that I included as many authentic details from the real motorbike as I could when designing the new LEGO® Technic™ version, ensuring I captured all the bike’s curves and the unique features. Just as Ducati continually pushes boundaries in its design, we demonstrated what the LEGO® Technic™ range is capable of by engineering a fully functioning motorcycle gearbox for the first time and connecting it to the spinning V4 cylinder engine using existing pieces.”
“We have all been kids passionate about LEGO bricks and I think it is easy to understand that this new licensing agreement between Ducati and the LEGO Group is like a dream come true. We are two brands that share the same values of dedication, passion and attention to detail – values that have come together to give life to a unique building experience” said Alessandro Cicognani, Ducati Licensing Director. “Our hope is that the Ducati Panigale V4 R LEGO® Technic™ can bring together, excite and entertain not only children and parents, but also all the fans who ride their motorcycles every day.”
With the realistic features of the LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R, builders of all ages can immerse themselves in the world of engineering, as they discover how gear mechanisms work and the engine functions.
The LEGO® Technic™ Ducati Panigale V4 R model is designed for fans aged 10+ and will be available from LEGO.com from 1st June priced at $59.99⁄ 59.99 Euro].
This new model is the first to be created after a licensing agreement was recently signed between the LEGO Group and Ducati Motor Holding.
Style, sophistication, performance. With breathtaking looks, this LEGO® Technic™ 42107 Ducati Panigale V4 R captures the spirit and design of the original. It’s the first model motorcycle in LEGO Technic history to include a gearbox for exploring different speeds and techniques. Other amazing features include steering, front and rear suspension for realistic movement, plus front and rear disc brakes. Amazing details capture the spirit of Ducati Ducati fans will appreciate the attention-to-detail in this amazing motorcycle replica. A kickstand, exhaust pipe, windshield and dashboard add the little details that make this model toy so true to the full-size version. And of course, the classic red color scheme is sure to quicken the pulse of any Ducati fan. Build and learn with LEGO Technic model toys As part of the LEGO Technic universe, this motorcycle model kit provides an immersive and rewarding building experience. With realistic features, it introduces builders to the world of engineering, as they discover how gear mechanisms work.
- A representation of the famous Ducati Panigale V4 R to build, explore and display. LEGO® Technic™ fans and motorcycle enthusiasts will love this stunning building challenge.
- Build your own Ducati Panigale V4 R to gain a unique insight into the features and functions that make up this iconic motorcycle. Also includes a 2-speed gear-box – a first for LEGO® Technic™ motorcycles.
- Recreate the thrill of owning a Ducati Panigale V4 R, with front and rear suspension for realistic model movement. The classic red color scheme brings the motorcycle to life, with true Italian flair.
- Looking for the best gifts for motorbike fans? This is a great choice. It’s also a super challenge for LEGO® Technic™ fans aged 10+ who will get a thrill from seeing how a motorcycle works.
- This eye-catching model (42107) looks stunning on display. Its dimensions have been designed to give a true representation of the real-life model. Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide.
- No batteries are needed for this Ducati motorbike toy. Passion, imagination and a desire to discover something new are all you need.
- It’s easy to get started with this amazing LEGO® set. Just open the box and you’ll find easy-to-follow instructions so building the Ducati toy motorcycle can begin straightaway.
- LEGO® Technic™ engineering toys are designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience, featuring realistic movement and mechanisms to help kids and adults explore the world of engineering.
- Quality is important. So, it’s good to know LEGO® building kits meet the highest industry standards ensuring they connect easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ plastic model toys are put through their paces. Each one is thoroughly tested to make sure every building toy meets the highest global safety and quality standards.