This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
The real Capitol Building is a massive structure measuring over 750 feet by 350 feet at it’s widest. To reduce that size and complexity to LEGO scale requires a lot of patience and architectural editing.
The resulting set looks great to my eye and comes in just over 1000 pieces and measures 17″ wide by 5″ deep with the dome reaching over 6″ high. The scale of the set, as mentioned in the press release below, matches the Lincoln Memorial (21022) so they’ll sit well together.
One of the most interesting parts of the architecture sets is the instruction book which is always packed with detailed historical information on the structure in the set. Other things that will be attractive are the price, at just $99.99 US and also the use of the always popular sand green bricks.
21030 Us Capitol Building
Ages 12+. 1032 pieces.
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Build a LEGO® brick model of one of the world’s most architecturally impressive and symbolically important structures. Located in Washington DC, the United States Capitol is a magnificent example of neoclassical architecture covering more than 1.5 million square feet and with over 600 rooms and miles of corridors. The building that we see today is the result of several major periods of construction that have taken place since president George Washington first laid the cornerstone on September 18, 1793. This meticulously detailed LEGO Architecture interpretation of the U.S. Capitol focuses on the structure’s striking white, columned façade with its famous steps and lawns, and features a removable dome for access to a detailed interior depicting the famous National Statuary Hall, complete with columns, statues and tiled floor.
• LEGO® Architecture interpretation of the real-world architectural landmark, the United States Capitol Building.
• Features the Capitol’s neoclassical façade, dome, colonnades, north and south wings, steps and lawns.
• Remove the dome to access the rotunda, featuring columns, 8 statue elements and a tiled floor.
• The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (English language only. Other languages available for download at LEGO.com/architecture).
• LEGO® Architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, design, history and architecture.
• This set includes over 1,000 LEGO® pieces.
• The scale of this model matches the LEGO® Architecture 21022 Lincoln Memorial.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12+.
• Measures over 6” (16cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 1, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2016 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.
on Facebookon Twitteron Flickr
on YouTubeon iTunesRSS feed
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.