This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
This morning LEGO surprised us all with the announcement of set 76052 Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave and it’s a massive set. This set was leaked last week and LEGO tried to have images pulled, but nothing on the internet every really gets removed. Now they’ve given us an amazing 17 images of the new set with tons of details. Primarily, that the set will be available in March 2016. They’ve also released the official Lego Designer video to further tease you for the next 2+ months
LEGO Designer Video
LEGO Press Release
Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!
Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and Dick Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).
- Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, Dick Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.
This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.
- The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.
- The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.
- The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.
- The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.
- The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.
- Also includes a cat.
- Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.
- Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.
- Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and Dick, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!
- Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
- Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
- Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
Yep, also includes a cat. Why? Because it’s LEGO and Batman? I’m not sure and I don’t remember the TV series well enough. Maybe it belongs to Catwoman?
The set includes tons of fun details in Wayne Manor, like the batphone, Shakespeare bust, portraits of Thomas and Martha way, and the tags on the Batpoles to make sure they use the correct one.
LEGO could have released this collection as a group of sets and people would buy them all, instead they’ve released this massive single set for $269.99 USD ($329.99 CDN, £229.99 UK ) with 2562 pieces. They could still release other locations and sets from the TV series, but that seems unlikely.
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.