This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
- Six kids aged 6-12 from around the world have been appointed the LEGO Group’s first class of Chief Dream Creators, having shared their own imagined dream creatures and seen brought to life by animators and designers, picked from thousands of submissions globally
- The young creatives from Singapore, Hungary, USA, Poland and the UK took part in a workshop at LEGO HQ, to inspire LEGO® DREAMZzz™ designers and share their amazing dream creatures including a Seahorse Submarine, Flying Frog, Dreamer Dragon and more
- The news follows the release of new episodes for the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ series – the LEGO Group’s biggest international series launch yet – and new sets, available now
Hey there, fellow LEGO enthusiasts! If you’re a fan of all things LEGO and you’ve got a soft spot for imaginative dreams, then you’re in for a treat. Six incredibly creative kids from different corners of the world have just landed a dream gig: they’ve become the LEGO Group’s very first class of Chief Dream Creators. Talk about a childhood dream come true!
These talented youngsters stood out from thousands of entries worldwide with their mind-blowing dream creatures, earning them a special place in LEGO history. Their mission? To be the driving force behind the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ theme, a brand-new LEGO franchise that takes inspiration from the fantastical dreams of kids everywhere.
The lucky Chief Dream Creators jet-setted off to Billund, Denmark, where the LEGO magic happens. They gathered from places like Singapore, Hungary, the USA, Poland, and the UK to embark on an unforgettable adventure. Their mission? To join an awesome workshop where they not only wowed LEGO Designers but also spilled the beans on the secrets of their imaginative dream creatures.
Picture this: these young creative geniuses saw their dream creations come to life right before their eyes. Thanks to the talents of LEGO® DREAMZzz™ animators and designers, their dream creatures were brought to life in vivid detail, giving them a sneak peek into what their creations could look like in the dream world of the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ theme.
Marcia Marks Laursen, the Head of Product for LEGO® DREAMZzz™, summed it up perfectly: “The LEGO® DREAMZzz™ theme is all about dreams becoming real and imagination being a super-power.” Hosting these Chief Dream Creators at the LEGO Headquarters was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that left everyone feeling incredibly inspired.
So, what’s the role of a Chief Dream Creator, you might wonder? These young visionaries are here to champion the incredible creativity that dreams can unlock, not just within the LEGO company but for kids all over the globe. It’s all about spreading the positive impact that dreaming and creativity can have on young minds.
The best part? Their dream creatures are getting the royal treatment. The talented folks at the LEGO Group are turning them into beautiful artwork, and you can catch these dreamy creations in short animations set to launch in 2024. Stay tuned; it’s going to be a treat for the eyes!
This Chief Dream Creator appointment follows the spectacular launch of the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ series, which made history by being the biggest international series launch ever for the LEGO Group. With content broadcasted in 38 languages worldwide, it’s safe to say that dreams are universal.
The LEGO® DREAMZzz™ series is a captivating tale of adventure and imagination. Join school friends Mateo, Izzie, Cooper, Logan, and Zoey as they embark on a secret agency mission to harness the power of their imagination and journey into the dream world. Their mission? To take down the formidable Nightmare King! Season One of the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ series is already up for streaming on YouTube and other platforms.
And here’s the icing on the LEGO cake: you can get your hands on new LEGO® DREAMZzz™ sets right now, available on LEGO.com and at authorized retailers. So, whether you’re a lifelong LEGO lover or just someone who enjoys a good dose of imagination and creativity, the LEGO® DREAMZzz™ world has something special in store for you. Happy building and dreaming!
The six Chief Dream Creator winners and their dream creations were:
- Marisol, 12 years old, USA – The Dreamer Dragon, a majestic purple dragon made out of clouds and carrying on his back a home and the Book of Imagination, to inspire the LEGO characters, and to guide them on their quests
- Stanisław, 6 years old, Poland – The Flying Frog, an amazing green frog that can leap into the sky and fly around in adventures
- Matthew, 11 years old, Singapore – Giraffe Mail, a giraffe who delivers mail to the dreamers using rocket boosters that shoot leaves instead of fire
- Samuel, 11 years old, UK – Seahorse Submarine, a seahorse and working submarine combined that can help the dreamers adventure underwater, complete with a compartment in its chest and diving equipment
- Julia, 12 years old, UK – The Dreamstone Guardian, a white cat-like creature, who lives on land and in water, is able to glide and shrink, all to help it protect its precious dreamstones
- Gergő, 12 years old, Hungary – The Vara-Wasp, a combination of a wasp and varanus (monitor lizard) who uses his tongue to smell and lives away from the cities, protecting itself with its sting
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn’t change the price you pay.