This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Step right up and get ready to ride! Today the LEGO Group announced the upcoming release of 10261 Creator Expert: Roller Coaster after months of rumors and a few leaked images.
It’s not a cheap set by any stretch, but it is massive, covering approximately 6 32×32 baseplates in area. At over 4000 pieces and a US price tag of $379.99, the price ratio seems good, but a large number of those parts come from the chain used to pull the coaster cars up the first incline.
The set also seems to use quite a few stickers for the various signs around the park. It also comes with 11 minifigures with some new torso designs.
While the set, as delivered, uses a manual hand-crank to move the roller coaster to the top of the hill, it is both Power Functions compatible for a more automated experience and also Boost compatible to add a motion sensor and sound effects which is pretty cool.
After the press release, check out the 2 videos show more details.
10261 LEGO Creator Expert: Roller Coaster
Ages 16+. 4,124 pieces.
$379.99 US – $479.99 CN – DE 329.99€ – FR 349.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Take a ride with the ultimate Roller Coaster!
Enjoy the thrills and excitement of the fairground with this chain-lift Roller Coaster featuring a wealth of brick-built details and 11 minifigures. Upgradable with LEGO® Power Functions and LEGO BOOST for an added movement sensor and realistic sound effects!
Capture the speed, thrills and excitement of the ultimate fairground attraction with this incredible LEGO® Creator Expert 10261 Roller Coaster. This fully functional chain-lift model comes with 2 trains and an array of authentic features and functions, including a ticket booth, cotton candy cart, concession stand, height marker, and a covered boarding station complete with opening barriers and a control panel. Lower the lap bars to secure the riders into the cars and release the brake to send the train to the foot of the first climb. Then activate the chain lift and enjoy the ride as the gravity-driven cars hurtle through the Roller Coaster’s twists and turns.
Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO Power functions for a motorized chain lift or LEGO BOOST for an added movement sensor and realistic sound effects! This incredible collectible toy has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm. Includes 11 minifigures.
- Build a fully functioning Roller Coaster with 2 trains, lots of big dips and upgrade options
- Upgrade with LEGO® BOOST and LEGO Power Functions for an even more immersive experience
- Roller Coaster model measures over 20” (53cm) high, 34” (88cm) wide and 16” (41cm) deep
- LEGO® Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Includes 11 minifigures: a cotton candy vendor, 2 ride attendants, 2 grandparents with their granddaughter and 5 riders. 8 of these minifigures feature reversible heads to display different emotions.
- Fully functional chain-lift Roller Coaster model features a classic brick-built sign, control panel, 2 trains—each consisting of 3 train cars with low-friction wheels, and a 44-piece track consisting of 7 different rail elements.
- Also features a ticket booth, fountain, cotton candy cart, concession stand, waiting area with bench, camera element and a pond with a frog figure.
- Buy your ticket at the booth and make your way to the covered plaza.
- No cheating at the height marker—the ride attendant has an accurate measuring stick!
- Help the riders into the cars and secure the lap bars.
- Release the brake to send the cars to the foot of the first climb.
- Activate the chain lift to pull the train cars to the top of the first drop.
- Move the rails to launch a second train.
- Serve refreshing beverages at the concession stand or spin some cotton candy.
- Don’t forget to smile as you race past the camera!
- Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!
- Decorated elements include a ticket, money, arrow tiles, pressure gauge, number pad and a ride control panel.
- Special new-for-June-2018 elements include a 2x8x6 Rail Slope, 1x2x1 Bow Brick, plant leaves, stalks and flowers.
- Other elements include a height checker and 2 cotton candy treats.
- Makes the perfect fairground addition to the 10257 LEGO® Creator Expert Carousel and 10247 LEGO® Creator Expert Ferris Wheel
- Measures over 20” (53cm) high, 34” (88cm) wide and 16” (41cm) deep.
Looks like a winner, doesn’t it? Here’s those 2 videos I promised:
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.