This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
This year LEGO products were nominated in 5 categories for Toy of the Year Awards, given out during New York’s Toy Fair. The LEGO nominations were:
Tech Toy of the Year – LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101)
Out of those 5 categories, LEGO won 3: Construction Toy of the Year (BB-8), Specialty Toy of the Year and Tech Toy of the Year.
Congratulations to the many designers and engineers involved in bringing those 3 products to the market last year. I for one can’t wait to see what LEGO comes out with during 2018.
The entire list of winners is below:
- Action Figure of the Year: Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy Dancing Groot Figure by Hasbro, Inc.
- Collectible of the Year: Fingerlings by WowWee USA, Inc.
- Construction Toy of the Year: LEGO® Star Wars BB-8™ by LEGO Systems, Inc.
- Creative Toy of the Year: Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit by LittleBits
- Doll of the Year: Wonder Crew Superhero Will by PlayMonster
- Game of the Year: Soggy Doggy by Spin Master Ltd.
- Infant/Toddler Toy of the Year: Teddy Ruxpin by Wicked Cool Toys
- Innovative Toy of the Year: Rubie’s Jurassic World T-Rex Inflatable Costume by Rubie’s Costume Company, Inc.
- License of the Year: Star Wars by Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media
- Outdoor Toy of the Year: Bunch O Balloons Filler Soaker by Zuru
- Playset Toy of the Year: Hot Wheels® Super Ultimate Garage by Mattel, Inc.
- Plush of the Year: Disney Junior Minnie‘s Walk and Play Puppy by Just Play Products
- Preschool Toy of the Year: PAW Patrol My Size Lookout Tower by Spin Master Ltd.
- Rookie of the Year: Antsy Pants™ Build & Play™ Kits by Beach House Group
- Specialty Toy of the Year: LEGO® Star Wars™ Millennium Falcon™ by LEGO Systems, Inc.
- Tech Toy of the Year: LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox by LEGO Systems, Inc.
- Vehicle of the Year: PAW Patrol Sea Patroller by Spin Master Ltd.
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.