This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
TORONTO, Sept. 1, 2016 /CNW/ — LEGO® Canada, Inc. will delight FAN EXPO CANADA™ attendees with impressive large scale models of iconic superheroes, hands-on LEGO building opportunities, the chance to win exciting show exclusives and preview brand new LEGO building sets. Attendees will also have the opportunity to participate in a workshop to see what it takes to become a LEGO Master Builder and build a never-before-seen model alongside one of only eight Master Builders in the world, Dan Steininger. All of the company’s offerings will be located in booth #747 in the South Hall of Toronto’s Metro Convention Centre from Thursday, September 1 through Sunday, September 4.
“We’re thrilled to bring all the excitement of LEGO building to FAN EXPO CANADA™ this year, especially as we unveil an all new, one-of-a-kind life-sized LEGO model of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story droid K-2S0,” said Amanda Santoro, Senior Brand Relations Manager for LEGO Systems. “Fans love seeing their favorite characters from popular LEGO franchises all in one place and brought to life in amazing ways. Whether it’s the stunning life-sized models, experiencing LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™ or LEGO Minecraft activities, or the opportunity to learn from an incredible LEGO Master Builder, there’s something for everyone.”
Hand On Fun/Building Opportunities
- Guided by LEGO Master Builder Dan Steininger, families and fans can build the newest droid in the Star Wars™ universe, K-2S0, from the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, over the course of four days. Upon completion, the model will stand at an incredible 10 feet high and the final reveal will take place on Sunday, September 4.
- In addition to extraordinary visuals, attendees will also get the rare opportunity to participate in a Master Builder Workshop. Builders of all ages can learn from LEGO Master Builder Dan Steininger, take home a Master Builder booklet with a bag of bricks to continue the fun at home, and enter in a raffle for a chance to win a LEGO Classic set with LEGO books from DK Publishing. The Master Builder Workshop will take place Sunday at 2pm, in room 713, Sunday at 2 PM.
- Fans of LEGO® Minecraft™ will love experiencing the brand in an activity straight from the first ever LEGO Imagine Nation Tour. Guests can build their own Minecraft shelter from LEGO bricks to defend the village from hostile mobs and display their custom creation. LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS will also be showcased at the event to give attendees the opportunity to scan their very own NEXO shields and experience the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS app (iPads provided).
Attendees will have the chance to see several life-sized LEGO models up-close including:
- The LEGO® Batman Movie – Standing at just under seven feet tall and at almost 54,000 bricks, attendees can catch a glimpse at the star of The LEGO Batman Movie.
- LEGO Super Heroes: DC Comics™ Wonder Woman™ – Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman™ standing over 6-feet tall with over 22,000 LEGO bricks.
- LEGO Super Heroes: MARVEL™ Captain America™ – Inspired by the blockbuster film Captain America: Civil War™, a six-foot-tall LEGO model of Captain America made out of 26,000 LEGO bricks will be on display.
- LEGO NINJAGO™ – Comprised of over 64,000 bricks, ninja apprentice Jay Walker, star of the hit TV Series Ninjago: Master of Spinjitzu.
LEGO construction playsets from including those inspired by the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story film will be on display at the LEGO booth. Show attendees will also get to take home the following (while quantities last):
- A LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS bookmark provided by DK Publishing
- The LEGO Batman Movie poster provided by Warner Bros.
Attendees can visit the LEGO booth from:
• Thursday, September 1 from 2 PM – 4 PM (VIP); 4 PM – 9 PM (public)
• Friday, September 2 from 10 AM – 7 PM
• Saturday, September 3 from 10 AM – 7 PM
• Sunday, September 4 from 10 AM – 5 PM
FAN EXPO CANADA™ is the largest event in Canada devoted to comics, science fiction, horror, anime gaming, and pop culture. The event is also the third largest event of its kind in North America and has drawn the likes of Stan Lee, Patrick Stewart, Elijah Wood, and others.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Billund, Denmark, and main offices in Enfield, USA,London, UK., Shanghai, China, and Singapore. Founded in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and based on the iconic LEGO® brick, it is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials. Guided by the company spirit: “Only the best is good enough”, the company is committed to the development of children and aims to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative play and learning. LEGO products are sold worldwide and can be virtually explored at www.LEGO.com.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, NEXO KNIGHTS, NINJAGO, the Minifigure, and the brick and knob configuration are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2016 the LEGO Group.
© 2016 MARVEL
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
DC Universe and all related characters are elements or trademarks of and © 2016 DC Comics. (s15)
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.