Along with the announcement of the massive LEGO Big Ben set #10253, they also released the LEGO Designer Video to accompany it. You get a great look at the details of this spectacular set. In case you missed the previous post over here, the press release is below.
Build the world’s best-known clock tower!
Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
• Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
• Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
• Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
• This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Ages 16+. 4,163 pieces.
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE 219.99€ – UK £169.99 – DK 1999.00 DKK
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
July 1, 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone