This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
42116 – Skid Steer Loader
Coming in at just 140 pieces the Skid Steer Loader (2 in 1) set is a nice introduction to Technic builds for only $13.99 USD
If you’re looking for a gift for kids who love construction-site role play, this LEGO® Technic™ Skid Steer Loader (42116) is sure to keep them busy. Boys and girls aged 7 and up will enjoy building the loader – and that’s just the start! Once they’ve built it, they can create endless construction adventures as they check out the vehicle’s realistic features. A 2-function bucket for scooping, operator’s cab, control panel, roll cage and front and rear lights give kids everything they need for hours of creative play.
When kids are ready for a new challenge, the model rebuilds into a Hot Rod. Getting started is easy because this cool toy includes Instructions PLUS. Available in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, this digital guide includes zoom and rotate tools, plus ghost mode, to help children build.
42117 – Race Plane
This brightly colored Race Plane would be super easy to spot flying over your favorite air show. Listed at just $13.99 for 154 pieces, expect this to “fly” off the shelves in 2021.
Bring the thrilling world of stunt planes to life with this LEGO® Technic™ Race Plane (42117). This treat for boys and girls aged 7 and up includes details like a propeller that spins when the plane is pushed along, plus opening engine covers. The eye-catching, teal and orange color scheme with sponsor details completes a cool little gift for any occasion – it’s just like a real race plane!
This toy airplane rebuilds into a Jet Airplane so kids can enjoy even more building fun.It’s easy to get started since this set comes with Instructions PLUS. Available in the free LEGO Building Instructions app, this interactive guide includes zoom and rotate tools, plus ghost mode, to help children build independently.
42118 – Monster Jam Grave Digger
If you’re a fan of Monster Trucks, you know that Grave Digger is one of the grand-daddies of the sport. Now you can have your own LEGO version for just $24.99 and 212 pieces. Compare this to the other models and you’ll see that licensed sets come at a high cost.
Looking for a fun toy or gift for boys and girls who love Monster Jam® trucks? The LEGO® Technic™ Monster Jam Grave Digger® 42118 pull-back truck is packed with features that kids will love. Authentic touches include Grave Digger graphics with ghost and fire details, plus huge tires, a movable flag and red headlights. See the exciting world of Monster Jam come to life as kids recreate the epic stunts of one of the most famous and iconic monster trucks of all time.
Time for a new challenge? Great news! The Grave Digger model rebuilds into an off-road buggy for even more building fun. Check out the free LEGO Building Instructions app to find Instructions PLUS. This interactive guide includes zoom and rotate tools to help kids get building.
42119 – Monster Jam Max-D
Inspire kids who love Monster Jam® to build their very own monster truck with this LEGO® Technic™ Monster Jam Max-D® 42119 building kit. With its pull-back action, boys and girls will be recreating daring stunts from the Monster Jam arena in no time. The 2-in-1 toy truck is packed with powerful features, just like the real thing. Check out the authentic graphics and colors, spikes and movable flag.
This cool Monster Jam truck toy offers two building challenges in one. After building the Max-D model, kids can rebuild it into a quad bike for even more high-speed adventures. Check out the free LEGO Building Instructions app to find Instructions PLUS. This interactive guide makes building easy with zoom and rotate tools.
42124 – Off-Road Buggy
Lastly the biggest of these new sets, and also the most pricey due to it’s remote CONTROL+ connectivity. At 374 for $179.99 it’s a bit of a wallet buster for January but it looks great with it’s retro color scheme.
Travel back to the 1980s with this LEGO® Technic™ Off-Road Buggy (42124) – it’s fun for all ages from 10 and up. After creating the model, bring it to life using the free CONTROL+ app. The buggy is angled at the front to give stability when jumping and performing tricks, just like classic RC toy cars. With front and back suspension (a first for LEGO Technic), plus huge tires, an opening hood, antenna and retro stickers, this car is packed with attitude.
Unleash epic stunts with the app
Download the free CONTROL+ app to really put this Off-Road Buggy car to the test. Use the app to drive forwards and backwards, steer and perform stunts. With different controls, sound effects, challenges, achievements and more, there’s so much to explore.
A rewarding build
LEGO Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
* Unleash hours of fun with the LEGO® Off-Road Buggy (42124) building kit. This RC Off-Road Buggy car is packed with features inspired by the original 1980s RC toy cars.
* Amazing tricks are easy to perform thanks to the car’s front and rear suspension, massive tires and angled front.
* Download the free CONTROL+ app to add a new dimension to this remote-control buggy. Use the app to control the car, perform stunts and unlock challenges, sound effects and more.
* This Off-Road Buggy is an awesome gift for kids aged 10 and up. Adults who remember the classic 1980s RC toy cars will love it too, making it a fun experience for all generations to enjoy together.
* Check out the retro color scheme, complete with 1980s-inspired sticker details.
* The RC Off-Road Buggy model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high to roof, 7.5 in. (19 cm) high including antenna, 11 in. (28 cm) long and 6.5 in. (16 cm) wide.
* To enjoy all the features of this app-controlled toy you’ll need to add 6 x LR6/AA batteries (not included).
* The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge.
* LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
* LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet stringent global safety standards.
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.