This post may contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.
Updated with gallery of images: Sorry!
After just a single teaser image, LEGO today has announced the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander is launching this Saturday!
My favorite part of the set is all the interesting pieces and techniques it uses. The New Elementary blog has their usual in-depth and exhaustive breakdown/review online today. Check it out for all the details and their spectacular “pile of gold” photo showcasing all the parts in that color. I’m a fan!
If you can wait until June 5, the little Rocket Ride gift with purchase will be available too and makes a cute compliment to this set. The lander will also look great with your Saturn 5 rocket set!
10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
Ages 16+. 1087 pieces
US $99.99 – CA $139.99 – DE €89.99 – UK £84.99 – FR €94.99 – DK 799DKK — $159.99 AUD
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Celebrate space exploration with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander!
Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO® Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
• Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
• This advanced LEGO® set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
• Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
• Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
• Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
• Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
• New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
• Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 1 June, 2019
Consider supporting Brick Brains by purchasing your LEGO from LEGO.com using our affiliate links.
We get a small percentage of the purchase total and it doesn't change the price you pay.