There’s a LEGO creator 3-in-1 set that I like but haven’t bought yet. It’s the Twin Spin Helicopter (31049) with just 326 pieces. I’m a bit of a sucker for flying LEGO sets these days. Between the FlyBrix drone sets I posted yesterday, to several models of plane in my display cases, it’s becoming a real thing. And that doesn’t include the space ships.
The set can be used to build 3 official models: the twin blade helicopter, a single engine airplane or a snowmobile. Here’s the official details:
Winch up the snowcat and head for colder climates with the awesome 3-in-1 Twin Spin Helicopter, featuring a light-blue and white color scheme, working winch, landing skis and elevated rear landing gear, plus a tracked snowcat vehicle that fits beneath the helicopter. Turn the dial at the rear of the helicopter to rotate the Twin Spin rotors. This model can be rebuilt to create a snowmobile with functioning winch or a single-engine airplane with spinning propeller.
- Features working Twin Spin rotors, working winch, tinted cockpit, navigation lights, 2 engines, elevated rear landing gear and landing skis.
- Also includes a tracked snowcat vehicle.
- Check out the light-blue and white color scheme.
- Fire up the powerful Twin Spin rotors, winch up the snowcat vehicle and head for higher ground!
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 8-12.
- This set includes over 300 pieces.
- 3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a snowmobile or single-engine airplane.
- Twin Spin Helicopter measures over 4” (12cm) high, 13” (33cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.
- Snowcat measures over 1” (3cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
- Snowmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Single-engine airplane measures over 3” (8cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
The Twin Spin Helicopter isn’t a new set, it’s been around for a while, but it is seeing a resurgence in popularity as LEGO is promoting it with a building challenge and presenting other building ideas.